The Master’s program in International Game Production (M.A.) covers various fields, including
- Management Essentials in a Global Context: You’ll gain an understanding of economic processes and frameworks from an international perspective.
- Game Production & Management: You’ll learn about international media production, with a specific focus on games. You will analyze the global media market, identify emerging trends, and gain knowledge of various distribution strategies. The program will also teach you project management skills, legal frameworks, and provide you with practical experience in two projects.
- Research Methods & Empirical Skills: You’ll develop skills in using different research methods for business-related decisions.
To cater to individual abilities and goals, the program offers various customization options. For example. students without German language proficiency will be able to take German courses, while those already proficient in German will learn a foreign language other than English. You’ll also have the opportunity to define your professional profile by choosing elective modules and tracks.Program Structure
The Master's program International Game Production (M.A.) consists of four semesters. The first two are dedicated to creating a strong foundation in business, management and media production. Courses include
- Economic Thinking in a Global Context
- International Business
- Digital Project Management
- Managerial Economics
- Global Game & Media Market
- Narrative Design
Additionally, you can select two out of three game-related basic tracks: Coding, Game Design, or Game Art. In your third semester, you’ll expand your expertise in relevant areas such as finance, agile project management, and data science. You’ll also choose elective modules based on your personal interests and strengths, such as
- Corporate Finance for Hit-Driven Business
- Leadership for Game Developers
- Business Development
Furthermore, you’ll have the option to gain practical experience during an internship. During your 4th and final semester, you’ll complete your education by focusing on the legal aspects of media and game production, as well as write your Master’s Thesis.